GET FREE NO OBLIGATION ADVICE FROM INDIA'S BEST DOCTORS
Cerivcal Disc Replacement Surgery
Approximate Cost :On Request Duration : 3-10 Days
Cervical artificial disc replacement surgery may be a joint replacement procedure that involves inserting a man-made disc, between the vertebrae to interchange a natural spinal disc once it's been removed. This prosthesis is intended to mimic the operate of a natural disc, conserving quality inside the disk space and throughout the treated os phase. Cervical artificial disc surgery may be a style of joint replacement procedure, or operation, that involves inserting a cervical artificial disc into the os area once a natural cervical disc has been removed.A cervical artificial disc replacement may be a prosthesis designed to mimic the operate of a natural cervical disc, conserving quality inside the disk space and throughout the treated os phase. A cervical artificial disc primarily functions sort of a joint, replicating the physiological motion (flexion, extension, aspect bending and rotation) and alignment (height and curvature) of a natural cervical disc.
Benefits of Cervical Disc Replacement
- Artificial disc surgery has lesser chances of requiring a revision surgery, compared to spinal fusion surgery
- Normal neck motion can be maintained
- Unlike the spinal fusion surgery the adjacent spinal discs in case of cervical disc replacement don't have to bear the extra stress.
- Eliminates the need for a painful bone graft
- Recovery time is quicker compared to the fusion surgery.
- Lesser number of patients need a hard collar following the cervical Disc Replacement surgery
How Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery is Performed ?
Through a small incision made near the front of your neck (a surgical approach called the anterior approach) your surgeon will
- Gently pull aside the soft tissues - skin, fat and muscle - as well as the trachea, or windpipe, to access the cervical spine
- Expose the area where disc fragments and/or bone spurs are pressing against the neural structures (nerve roots and/or spinal cord)
- Remove the disc and bone material from around the neural structures to give them more space (discectomy and decompression)
- Insert and secure the artificial disc into the intervertebral space, using specialized instruments
- Ease the soft tissues of the neck and other structures back into place
- Close the incision
Knowing what to expect during your procedure can help you face your surgery with confidence. Your doctor can give you additional details about the procedure specific to your condition.
Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery India, Cervical Artificial Disc Surgery in India , Spine Surgery in India, Spine Surgery Hospital in India
Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery